New grounds dating
The plantation includes a large Colonial Revival plantation house (completed in 1936) that replaced the lost original house on the site, a number of slave cabins or cottages (which were occupied by sharecroppers well into the 20th century), several flower gardens, and the historic "Avenue of Oaks" an expanse of over a kilometer along the up to the house) from owner Theophilus Patey, to his daughter Elizabeth and her new husband, Major John Boone as a wedding gift when the land became known as Boone Hall Plantation though it is unknown when a house was built on the site.
John Boone was one of the first settlers of the South Carolina colony arriving in 1672.
Boone Hall Plantation is one of America's oldest working plantations, continually growing crops for over 320 years.
He was elected to the Grand Council during the 1680s but was removed twice because he illegally dealt in Indian slaves, associated with pirates, and concealed stolen goods.
It is possibly the resting place of Jonathan Armitage, a Boston selectman from 1732 to 1733.
Officials from the City of Boston announced in May, 2011 a 0,000 refurbishment project designed to repair and restore the historic site, including widening paths in the cemetery and providing new observation sites.
The enlargement was carried out in 1720 when 15 tombs were created and assigned to a number of Boston families.
Eleven large European elms fronted it on Tremont Street.
The stairway had been covered with a piece of slate which eventually gave way due to advanced age.